Placement and Course Information
Stony Brook Mathematics Department
What is this all about?
On these webpages, you will find information about the Stony Brook mathematics department. This information should:
help to prepare you for the mathematics placement exam which, as an incoming freshman, you will have to take, and
help you to understand how our undergraduate program works.
How is the information in this notebook arranged?
- You are here -- at the website's home page.
- Here you will find the questions we are most frequently asked -- along with some answers! This is a good place to begin using the site.
- Practice exam
- You can practice doing examples of the math placement exam on this website.
- This section gives you the low-down on all of the undergraduate courses offered by the Math Department at Stony Brook.
- Cool links
- The web is home to many cool math sites. Here are some of our favorites.
- Contact us
- Here you will find all of the information you need to get in touch with us.
Why are those funny looking tabs stuck on the right-hand edge of the notebook?
The tabs are your navigation tools. They take you to the different sections of the website. Click on them to explore.
What do the different colors mean?
red indicates a link within this website
orange indicates a link outside this website
black only indicates a link when it appears next to a red icon
blue never indicates a link