Department of Mathematics
Stony Brook University
Office: Math 4-121
Resume (Pdf Version)
Geometry, esp. moduli problems, degenerations, singularities, special
classes of varieties (K3s, Calabi-Yau, Hyperkahler manifolds).
Recent & Selected Publications:
- On some Hermitian variations of Hodge structure of Calabi-Yau type with real multiplication (w. R. Friedman), to appear in Michigan Math. J.
- The KSBA compactification for the moduli space of degree two K3 pairs, preprint 2012.
- Semi-algebraic horizontal subvarieties of Calabi-Yau type (w. R. Friedman), to appear in Duke Math. J.
- Log canonical models and variation of GIT for genus four canonical curves (w. S. Casalaina-Martin and D. Jensen), to appear in J. Algebraic Geom.
- GIT and moduli with a twist, in "Handbook of Moduli" vol. 2, Adv. Lect. Math. 25 (2013), Int. Press, 259-297.
- Simultaneous semi-stable reduction for curves with ADE singularities (w. S. Casalaina-Martin), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 365 (2013), no. 5, 2271-2295.
- The geometry of the ball quotient model of the moduli space of genus four curves (w. S. Casalaina-Martin and D. Jensen), in "Compact Moduli Spaces and Vector Bundles", Contemp. Math. 564 (2012), 107-136.
- Moduli space of cubic fourfolds via the period map, Ann. of Math. 172 (2010), no. 1, 673-711.
- Moduli space of cubic fourfolds (the GIT compactification), J. Algebraic Geom. 18 (2009), 511-545.
- The moduli space of cubic threefolds via degenerations of the intermediate Jacobian (w. S. Casalaina-Martin), J. Reine Angew. Math. 633 (2009), 29-65.
My papers on arXiv. My Scholar profile.
My research is partially supported by NSF (CAREER, DMS-1200875) and a Sloan Fellowship.
New Trends in Arithmetic and Geometry of Algebraic Surfaces, Luminy, March 2013
- Deformation and Moduli in Complex Geometry, KIAS (Seoul), March 2013
- Penn State (seminar talk), April 16
- Summer School on Compactifying Moduli Spaces, CRM (Barcelona), May 2013
- Recent Advances in Hodge Theory (Period domains, Algebraic cycles, and Arithmetic), Vancouver, June 2013.
- Development of Moduli theory, Kyoto, June 2013
- Fall 2013: Thematic Program on Calabi-Yau varieties, Fields Institute.
- Patricio Gallardo
- Zheng Zhang
Irina & Iuliana
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3651
Office Phone: (631) 632-4506
Last Modified: May 1, 2013