Department of Mathematics
Stony Brook University
Office: Math 4-121
- Fall '14: on leave to IAS
- Spring '14: Topics in Number Theory (Undergraduate Research Seminar).
- Spring '13: Topics in Algebra (Undergraduate Research Seminar); Intro to Lie groups and Lie algebras (MAT 552).
- Fall '12: Calculus with Applications (MAT 122); Commutative Algebra (Algebra III).
Resume (Pdf Version)
Geometry (AG@SBU), esp. moduli problems, degenerations, singularities, special
classes of varieties (K3s, Calabi-Yau, Hyperkahler manifolds).
Recent & Selected Publications:
- Extending the Prym map to toroidal compactifications of the moduli space of abelian varieties (with S. Casalaina-Martin, S. Grushevsky, and K. Hulek), preprint 2014.
- The KSBA compactification for the moduli space of degree two K3 pairs, preprint 2012.
- On some Hermitian variations of Hodge structure of Calabi-Yau type with real multiplication (w. R. Friedman), Michigan Math. J. 63 (2014), no. 1, 83-99.
- Log canonical models and variation of GIT for genus four canonical curves (w. S. Casalaina-Martin and D. Jensen), to appear in J. Algebraic Geom.
- Semi-algebraic horizontal subvarieties of Calabi-Yau type (w. R. Friedman), Duke Math. J. 162 (2013), no. 12, 2077-2148.
- Simultaneous semi-stable reduction for curves with ADE singularities (w. S. Casalaina-Martin), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 365 (2013), no. 5, 2271-2295.
- The geometry of the ball quotient model of the moduli space of genus four curves (w. S. Casalaina-Martin and D. Jensen), in "Compact Moduli Spaces and Vector Bundles", Contemp. Math. 564 (2012), 107-136.
- Moduli space of cubic fourfolds via the period map, Ann. of Math. 172 (2010), no. 1, 673-711.
- Moduli space of cubic fourfolds (the GIT compactification), J. Algebraic Geom. 18 (2009), 511-545.
- The moduli space of cubic threefolds via degenerations of the intermediate Jacobian (w. S. Casalaina-Martin), J. Reine Angew. Math. 633 (2009), 29-65.
Expository lecture series given at: KAIST (Mar 2014), Fields Institute (Aug and Nov 2013), Vancouver (Jul 2013), Barcelona (Jun 2013).
My papers on arXiv. My Scholar profile.
My research is partially supported by NSF (CAREER DMS-125481, DMS-1200875). I was previously supported by a Sloan Fellowship (2010-2013). I am also part of an FRG group "Hodge theory, Moduli and Representation theory" (DMS-1361143) with P. Brosnan, M. Kerr, G. Pearlstein, and C. Robbles.
- K3, Enriques Surfaces and Related Topics (Nagoya, Nov 10-14, 2014)
- AGNES (SBU, Apr 25-27, 2014)
- Mini-course on Dynamics and Algebraic Surfaces (SBU, April 9, 2014)
- Algebraic Geometry Seminar (see also AG@SBU)
Recent (past) Activities
- Mini-course on K-stability (SBU, Dec 6, 2013)
- Thematic Program on Calabi-Yau varieties (Fields Institute, Fall 2013) - esp. Workshop 4 (Hodge Theory), Workshop 2 (Enumerative), Workshop 0 (Intro).
- IHES, January 2014 / talk Jussieu (January 9).
- KAIST School on Algebraic Geometry, Daejeon (Korea), March 2014.
- Johns Hopkins (seminar talk), April 17, 2014.
- K3 and their moduli, Schiermonnikoog (Netherlands), May 2014.
- Thematic program on Moduli spaces of real and complex varieties, Angers (France), June 2014.
- "Classical Algebraic Geometry", Oberwolfach, early July, 2014.
- Summer 2014: Hanover, Mainz, Mittag-Leffler, IHES
- Fall 2014 - I will be on leave to IAS (for the special program on "Topology of algebraic varieties")
- Patricio Gallardo : moduli of surfaces of general type (esp. quintic surfaces) - expected graduation May 2014, going to U. Georgia
- Zheng Zhang : geometric and motivic realizations of VHS
- Thao Do (undergraduate, Honors Thesis) - going to MIT
- Ken Ascher (undergraduate, Honors Thesis) - now at Brown.
- Ren Yi (undergraduate) - now at Brown.
- Dave Jensen (postdoc) - now at Yale and U. Kentucky.
Personal - Irina & Iuliana
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3651
Office Phone: (631) 632-4506
Last Modified: Apr 8, 2014